Sunday, April 10, 2016

My Inspiring Girls

     Sometimes it's hard to think about what made you the way you are, or what shaped you. Its a loaded question. You could answer with the simple go to and say "well God gives me the strength to go on." Or you could say that its because you trust in the Lord and that's all you need. Well there is another answer to it, and to find it, you'll have to go under the simple "christian' outer layer that lights off of us. Think to yourself: what did God DO to give you the strength to go on. What did God put in your life to make it so livable. Its so easy to just accept that God does things for us, but we don't usually tend to ask how he does these things. We christians are a lot like toddlers. The icing on a cake is delicious, and obviously the best-looking part of it, although the cake on the inside is just as good. The inside just doesn't get eaten as much. Even though that's the actual 'cake' part of it.

     There are so many things God has put in my life to show me strength, but, in the spirit of National Siblings Day, I'm going to talk about the two gifts he put on this world: my sisters. My sisters are the light of my life and always have been. I've been blessed to be related to some kind souls, and have seriously been lucky that they aren't brats. That they aren't mean. I only wish they were here. Being in college is so stressful and they know just they way to help with the stress. Being with my sisters is blissful and fun; we always have a great time. I'm so glad they can text through their iPods now because I'd be going crazy without their ridiculous videos.

     My eldest sister, Mia, is now a tween. It's weird to see her grow up and mature. I remember her as a baby. I can always have one thing over my parents and its that I was the first person Mia smiled at when she was born. She taught me how to become an older brother. Memories are filled with me watching over here, as I'm 6 years older. Of course though, I got the my-parents-don't-care-about-me-anymore feeling at the beginning and resented her for it. Wow how I was wrong for that. Now she's a smart kid who can finally sit in the front of a car. I can always count on her to be the thoughtful and sensitive one out of the three of us.

     My youngest sister, Grace, finally got to double digits in the age category. She's the craziest, funniest girl I've ever met. I've seen her grow from a daring baby crawling off couches into an even more daring kid who can always argue her view. She's just a year younger than Mia, so she also taught me how to be an older brother. As the years have gone by, I've been able to see one of the most creative minds grow. She's shown me how a tiny girl who believes in unicorns become a little girl who can draw and paint with more skill than I could ever dream. I can always count on her to do something to make me laugh or grab my arm because she wants to sit next to me at the table.

     There aren't many things in this world that could make me laugh while I'm anxiously studying for an exam that's the next day, but my sisters can do just that. They are probably the things I love most in this world, and will definitely continue to surprise me as I get to watch them both grow. They are part of the 'cake' that I was talking about. They aren't just something I use to show that I have a good life, they're what I look forward to whenever I go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment