Saturday, March 19, 2016

I'm Doing Laundry Right Now

Living in the dorms has many setbacks. One of those is having to spend money to do laundry, with having sweaty running clothes to make it even worse.  So every time I come home, I cherish and overuse my parents' washer and dryer. Today, I'm doing it for the last time before I go back to college. The way I do laundry seems a little unorthodox to others, but it has worked and I haven't had a problem yet. I THROW EVERYTHING IN AT THE SAME TIME. Yes, colors and whites and blacks galore. It's basically the chef's special at some crappy restaurant: the cook threw all the left over stuff into the batch. 

     I saw Zootopia with my sisters last night (side note: the movie theatre in Augusta is so fancy). It was a really good movie, and I would definitely suggest it as a fun family movie. It had talking animals and funny moments. Everything you would expect out of a Disney movie, though, there was a little more to it than that. Other than the interesting, and frankly very obvious, Breaking Bad reference, the movie was all about diversity. I'm not trying to look into it more than I should, although that is something I do frequently... The movie had a nice message of accepting others even though they were different. We see a rabbit befriending the epitome of a barnyard predator: the sly and cunning fox. This is possible because the live in Zootopia, a city where predators and prey live with one another.

     I'm only going to say things that are in the trailer, but the plot of the story is that some predators are resorting back to their savage ways and going crazy, which is pretty controversial since not all predators are going savage, but ONLY predators are changing. Let's look at this as if it were real life. Say America is only 10% immigrants, and 20 of those people become serial killers. Though only immigrants have become serial killers, everyone else in America are safe, average joes that are scared of being killed. What would happen to the country? Some people would turn on each other and life would become fragile from the thin line of aggressive tension, because diversity is uncomfortable for some people.

     Using history as an example, people everywhere in the world have tried and failed to "correct" diversity. Thankfully, in this day and age, we can live in a somewhat peaceful world. I mean, I can't really talk, I'm a caucasian asian, with only a quarter of minority in me. Based on what horrifying past we have, we've been making progress. Obviously, there will always be people who think they're part of the master race. They, in my opinion, are wrong. We were all created and loved by God, no matter what race, religion, or gender we are.

You hear of all the problems that can come from doing laundry. You see TV shows where rich, spoiled brats do their own laundry for the first time in their lives and everything comes out pink. You feel the warmth of clothes on the skin after they were dried. You taste the moisture vapor that rushes out of the washer when you open it's door. You smell the sweet and comforting scent of detergent. The five senses of laundry, you can get them however way you do laundry. For me? I just put it all in there. Yes, I know that you can turn your whites into colors and your colors into lighter colors, BUT it's efficient and it saves me some money. Together is just more beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment