Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Dollar's Worth Of Bread And Some Fancy Cheese

     Walmart sells baguettes a dollar a piece. Something I find amazing because baguettes are delicious and are a lot of bread for a dollar. There's also this really delicious fancy cheese that Walmart sells, its got almond and bacon crumbs on the exterior and the sharpest cheddar you'll ever taste. Some might not think of this as a meal, but, in reality, it's got all the food groups. You have your carbs from the bread, protein from the cheese and bacon, and then you got the other stuff from almonds and cheese. How could you go wrong?

     You can't, and that is exactly why Anthony and I bought this as our dinner. It's amazing how you can still have a great time when you just talk to your friend over some fancy cheese from Walmart. We talked for a very long time about what all of us are doing, and when I say all of us, I don't mean just him and I. I meant the core friend group that we made. The 'Bros of Farmington' if you will (don't copy that, that's mine COPYRIGHT). We talked about how we all went to some different places and are all doing different things now. How its sad we aren't all together, but its so awesome that we are all friends and are around different areas. Our group of friends can branch out and go anywhere they want. It's like an elementary class trip to the museum and the kids scatter to touch whatever they can.

     My friend Luke is in the army corp. at the University of A&M in Texas. He's balancing his studies with his army corp. studies, the guy is a savage. Sam is down in Minnesota studying biology. A little addicted to partying, but still acing his classes like nobody's business. Zack is in a band, and he's on Spotify and Pandora. This guy is a rockstar! Brendan is in the prestigious school of music: Berklee in Boston. Someday you're going to see Brendan's name in the spot were John William's name is supposed to be. Anthony lives on a boat because he goes to MMA. He knows how to fix his bed so well that you could bounce a dime off of it. Dan, my best friend on this rocky earth, is in a different world even though he's my roommate. Homework and joking around is basically all we do because why the hell not, we're in college. The lovely Michaela is in France and killing it in the friendship department. Truly an amazing feat to be so enticing to others. Then there's me who is just trying to survive the grind that kinesiology majors have to deal with. Just a bunch of kids who still use razor scooters. I couldn't have asked for better friends.

     I guess I'm just feeling a little nostalgic today, but I miss my friends. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss high school a single bit. The nostalgia comes from being able to see everyone every day. Getting to walk around the halls like you own the place, that's what I miss. We would goof around everyday and made life the most enjoyable thing we could. I love that we can just come back to our home ground, Farmington, and be able to get back into those habits. All we need is a dollar's worth of bread and some fancy cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment