Monday, March 28, 2016

I've Got A Friend In You

     Standing there in a row of chairs, singing Come Thou Fount was just what I needed yesterday. We have been deciding what church we want to go to because there are some pros and cons for each, and we weren't really sure about the music at the church we decided to go to. Though the music was amazing. They played the perfect mix of hymns and contemporary songs. I felt like God was talking to me that day. Making me realize that I haven't given him the attention that I should be giving him. 

     Easter: a time for us to celebrate Jesus rising from the dead. A time when we can all get together and exalt our many feelings for the Lord. I remember when I first started actually believing in Christ. There was just something missing in my life. I was constantly trying to fill that hole with things that could never even get close to filling. I remember thinking that there has to be a way to fill that, just something more to life than what I was doing. So one night I just laid on my bed thinking alright, let's try this out.

     Josh and I talked for 13 miles. We always have great conversation when we run together, whether we joke around or we talk about our lives, its always a great time. I've been friends with him for three years and he still continues to surprise me. He didn't used to be a christian, he was actually the opposite. I've been able to see this man find his own path while I watched my walk with christ deteriorate, and now we are on the same path as friends. This is the Josh that I want to be friends with. He's such an inspiration to me and should be to others. We ran for an hour and twenty four minutes and just had the most real talk that, I think, we've ever had. He's a person I can be honest with and a person who shares my beliefs and feelings.

     I feel like ever since Josh became a christian, we've gotten closer in our friendship. Which is so nice because being a christian in Maine can be hard. There aren't many of us in this beautiful state. We were talking about that and how FCA is so refreshing to be able to share and fellowship with others. This is something you see at Easter: the families who only go to church twice a year (Christmas Eve and Easter). The usual easy-to-find seats were jam packed with new people. The pastor made a comment about it and mentioned that they are always welcome. Easter brings us all together, and with everything that is going on in this beautiful, but destructive, world, we need each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment