Thursday, January 14, 2016

¡Bienvenidos!

     Well here I am. Back in the tiny prison cell they call a dorm. At least school doesn't start until a couple of days. We are here to do absolutely nothing. Well not nothing. I unpacked all my crap and put it away. I cleaned out all of the fall semester papers I had left over. I watched an episode of the office, or two. It's been a busy day. A busy day in my home away from home. It is weird, isn't it? When we first move out, or I guess if you haven't, the very thought of not living with your parents. It's a weird feeling. I was just thinking about that today as I was talking to my roommate about living in an apartment next year instead of a dorm. I mean my dorm is my housing place, but I don't really consider it a home. I don't like being in here...

     So next year I will have an apartment shared with two other guys and that will be ours for 3 years. which is crazy for me to think about. I signed a lease. Whoo. What an adult thing to do. I may make it in this world, much to contrary belief. In the past six months, I feel as though I've been making big strides on my way to becoming an adult. When I turned eighteen, I didn't feel any difference, but now I feel like I've had to grow up a lot. It's been stressful, and it's been nice, but really it's been fast. I feel like it just happened yesterday when I decided to re-pack my clothes for today.

     I've been getting into the story of Peter Pan lately, and I've been trying to find a story where Peter comes out in the end as a happy character. Sadly, he will always be a tragic protagonist, and I think it's because he'll never grow up. I used to envy this kid, but now I understand. It sucks being a kid. Ha seriously. Yes, it's fun having that freedom and being a wild little animal, although, that's all you'll ever know. Being an adult is so much 'funner', ya knwo? We can drive. We can go wherever we want. We have money! We know what girls are, and we don't continuously battle a pedophile pirate that is forced to use one hand. As fun as little Pan has, I feel that we adults have so much more fun. Plus, Peter Pan is a fairy tale... So there's also that.

No comments:

Post a Comment