Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Does Anyone Have a Warm Jacket?

     You can look outside to see the clear blue skies and crisp white ground that is winter at the University of Maine. It looks like a normal day; people are out and about, the birds are chirping, and you can see the sun. Though, you walk outside and find that it is not a normal day. Its ten degrees and the air is as dry as can be. As soon as you open up the door to this frozen hell, the snot in your nose instantly freezes, and the wind. Don't get me started on the wind. Why would I choose to go to school in a place where the weather hurts my face? Great start to the first day of spring semester classes.

     After a much needed winter break, it is time to go back to the grind and begin another set of courses meant to make me feel like I know absolutely nothing. I just came back from my anatomy lab and am currently waiting to go to creative writing. School became real again this morning. I go back into my regular routines: wake up at 6:30, do some core while my roommate Dan sleeps, get dressed, and please my grumbling tummy with cafeteria food. Yep, its good to be back. This morning, I told myself that this semester would be different. That I would get that GPA back up to a 3.0, but I tell myself hat every single year. I thought I meant it before the fall semester, but I fell back into old habits and started slacking off and procrastinating hard. Though I do need to get my act together for this spring. I want my GPA to sky rocket. So this time its going o be different. I just need to find out how to protect my mind from distractions. Just like I need to protect myself from this darned cold weather.

SOMEONE GET ME A JACKET

1 comment: