Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Goblin - Issue 3 "I Want To Hear What You've Got To Say"

     Well the Violet era was long, but it had to end at some point. I was pent up with so much rage at this point, and, honestly, it was helping me through track season. Finally breaking 4:30 is all because of this situation. Running was always my therapy, but I never want to go through something like this again. I wrote this at the end of everything. The story goes through our whole journey through this forest that resembles our journey of a relationship. A thing I regret though is that I never really said anything positive about the whole thing. Goblin and Violet seemed to have this really depressing time together, but that wasn't always the case. It was great at first, but that's not how I saw it towards the end. I could only remember the bad times.

---

There are many beautiful flowers in the world, there are roses, lilies, and violets. violets have a beauty that is matched with next to no other; they rise above. Though, every flower has their flaw. Some do not produce pollen, some do not grow pedals, some do not grow tall to eventually be picked. And then there are the flowers who have thorns. Violets have thorns.

     Violet was a beautiful flower and she knew it. Goblin was surprised that it was he that picked her. He would carry Violet with him wherever they wanted to go. Whether it be the forests, mountains, or valleys, they were forever together. Though, over time, Violet became harder and harder to hold, up until Goblin dropped her. He tried to pick her back up, but noticed that she was covered in thorns. Goblin looked down at his hands. They were covered in scars; scars from multiple cuts that Violet's flaw had caused.
Why have I never noticed these scars before?
Goblin, I've always had thorns. You just never noticed.

     Goblin never understood why he was so oblivious to the obvious scars on his hands. It had been too long a time for the unnerving truth to be concealed. Goblin tried to pick Violet up anyway, but now he felt the pain. Like there are nails being driven into my hand. He tried to hold on to Violet as long as he could. Goblin held on to her for another trip through the forest, but he was attacked by the two fiercest creatures in the forest: Anxiety and Loneliness. Anxiety told Goblin not to go any further. To stay still in the same exact place he was in for all eternity. Goblin eventually overcame Anxiety's grasp and continued on through the forest. Then, in a blur of events, Loneliness pounced on top of the already struggling Goblin.
You are nothing.

     Goblin did not know what to do. Loneliness had isolated him from Violet, putting her inside a hole in a tree. Goblin was surrounded by a wooden barrage of sharpened spears, if he moved, he would most certainly perish. Though Goblin knew how to fight the Loneliness, you just smile all the time. So Goblin put on his greatest fake smile and the spears disappeared. Loneliness was finally conquered. So Goblin ran to the tree holding Violet and tried to pick her up, but to no avail. Violet had even more thorns than before. Goblin's hand bled vigorously.
Tell me how to pick you up Violet. Please. Let me fix this. I can take you to get your thorns removed.
I like my thorns Goblin. You need to give up your wasted efforts. I don't care anymore.

     Goblin's hand was bleeding even more. He tried to walk away from the tree, away from Violet, but tripped and stumbled and crashed into the ground. He could not get up, so he laid there and cried. All Goblin wanted to do was pick Violet up and help her get rid of her thorns, but his efforts proved to be worthless, a waste. Violet was finally out of Goblin's reach. He didn't stand back up for months.

Another day is here and I am still alive
I say these words aloud, they speak from the inside
And every time I see you
You just walk away
I want to hear what you have got to say

---

     I based this off of the song I Want To Hear What You've Got To Say by Subways, and the last part is a direct excerpt from the song. The song has a lot of rage and I thought I would compliment it with a mellow story, but I kept the desperation. Whatever Goblin tried to do to help the relationship, Violet always turned him down. Obviously the two creatures in the forest are actual feelings I had during. I had anxiety that made me scared to break up with this girl. Stupid reasons prevented me. I didn't want to become 'the bad guy' and I didn't want there to be any hard feelings. I also didn't want it to end. Loneliness came to me because I felt so alone in this relationship. Everyone told me it was going to get better. Everyone said that 'it's just a rough patch', but I just felt so isolated. So this was my break up story. After everything, I rebounded on White. Eventually, though, it became more than a rebound. So even though all of these uncomfortable events occurred, I managed to get out lucky. Something beautiful sprouted out of a disgusting garden. It just goes to show that its true what they say: the good times outweigh the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment