Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Goblin - Issue Two "2000 Pounds of Pressure"

     A few weeks after I wrote Yonkers, the problems with my girlfriend were still getting worse, and I had this weird dream. I was so ashamed of this dream because I count it as committing adultery. I dreamt of this girl who I have been becoming friends with since the beginning of the year. This dream was just my fantasy bringing itself to life in my mind. Making things between Violet (my girlfriend at the time) and I harder. She has and never will know about this dream I had because this was the thing that made me realize that we would both be happier if we just broke everything off. I called this one 2000 Pounds of Pressure because that's the weight that crushes a human body. I felt as though I was the only one in the relationship that was feeling this way and that only made things worse. I felt as though my throat was constantly dropping into my stomach and it affected me greatly. My friend also made a song called 2000 Pounds of Pressure that I really enjoyed to listen to during this time. I still like listening to it because its actually really good considering his other stuff.

---

It started with a roar.

     The applause was too much. Everyone was staring, smiling. The whole mass was standing and cheering. It was too much for Goblin. I didn't do anything. Goblin didn't stand out, he stood in. Inside where it was safe. No one to see him, no one to judge him. He made his home as the understudy of the group. That is where he lived. When the show was done, everyone got up, cleaned up, and left. Everyone but Goblin. Goblin got up, laid down, and fell asleep.

     It was a blur of redgreenbluewhiteyellow. Everyone was cheering, acting like Jesus was coming down and take them into a city of clouds.It was the beginning, the beginning of a new hell. This isn't a celebration. This was a celebration. Goblin was there, Violet was there, and White was there.White was the hostess of he evening, and damn was she a good one. Her setting was amazing.With table by the garden, a giant green house with blankets to watch the color blurs, and everyone she invited. It was the perfect love celebration.

     The evening began in the garden area; sitting at the tables eating duckling stew with a pinch of salt.Goblin ate with Violet, as he did often. Eating the duckling stew watered Goblin's mouth for a bi juicy butterfly, but all Violet had were cockroaches. So he ordered some off the menu. Violet was furious.
You don't just go and buy a butterfly whenever you want Goblin!
But White is offering them...

     They ate the rest of the meal in silence. Then the event of the night came: the greenhouse. Everyone went inside and laid on the blankets spread out. The explosions started softly. Goblin looked around, he knew that this was all White's doing, but she was nowhere to be found. Excitement ran through the greenhouse, people were monkeys as they ran around enjoying the colors. They started to pick up, the sounds becoming louder. Goblin thought he saw White's shadow, but couldn't be sure. Now there were definitely supernovas in the sky, and the people were starting to act like elephants as they trampled over each other. Goblin definitely saw White this time. She was making rounds around the greenhouse.

     The party ended shortly after the roaring of the crowd. White was never involved with the celebration. She's so humble. Goblin and Violet had a great time. The party was amazing. it was a mixture of fun and torture, but somehow enjoyable. As Goblin and Violet were leaving, the Gatsby of the establishment stopped them. White asked Goblin if he would have a private word with her in her room. They walked up the spindly stairs, with Goblin almost falling. Once inside the room, White shut the door behind her, blocking the whole world out.
What did you want to talk to me about?
Goblin... I invited you here and now it's the end of the night...
     White handed Goblin a single, beautiful butterfly.

     Goblin woke up at the sound of his own screaming. A yell echoing in the empty theatre. Goblin was alone, reflecting on his own great nightmares.

It ended with a roar.

---

     My dream didn't go exactly how this went. Violet wasn't even in the dream, but I thought I would add her because I wanted to show the sort of jealousy that she got when she found out and heard a rumor that White was into me. Of course I had not started or provoked any of those feelings, but Violet blamed me. So I tried to show that through the awkward dinner. I don't know how duckling stew popped into my mind. I was just going for a raw kind of animalistic sort of dinner. I like the idea of Goblin living in this borderline fairytale because that's basically what feelings are. They're such primitive parts of our lives; so unpredictable. They open up our minds to see why we make the decisions we do. Without them, we'd be going through the motions of life, or robots if you will. My feelings towards this dream were both eye opening and devastating. Who knew that a dream about going to a New Year's party would be so insightful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment